Currently Chief Quant Engineer at Aphelion Holdings.
Chief Technology Officer at Beginning Boutique
Technical Director at VMLY&R
Technical Lead at Black Milk Clothing
Technical Lead GPY&R
Software Engineer at Newlight Media
I am currently available for consulting.
$400 AUD per hour. The rate is non-negotiable. All time needs to be booked in advance. I will require half down, upfront. Minimum of 5 hour ($2,000) commitment. Currently I am limited to 30 hours per week, however more hours may be possible upon request.Enquire
Before any work starts you will need to sign my consulting agreement. It has a confidentiality agreement included as I prefer not to sign NDA's. If this is a requirement for you, there is a $5,000 fee to sign your NDA.
- Full stack software engineering
- Quantitative finance
- Financial data science and predictive modelling
- Financial technical indicator engineering
- Native iOS, OSX and Android applications
- Web applications
- Shopify business development
- Shopify theme and app development
- API architecture & information design
- E-commerce consulting
- ERP project management & implementation
- User experience consulting
- Server & network Engineering
- Information & server architecture
Preferred Software Stacks
I prefer to engineer everything myself, from provisioning / engineering the server infrastructure, to writing the API's.
- Elixir/Phoenix/Postgres for full stack applications
- Python for quantitative finance, machine learning, data science
- Rust/Go where performance matters
- Swift for iOS
- Kotlin for Android
- Typescript, SASS and HTML
Skills & Experience
Elixir / Phoenix
A functional progamming language used to create software, web applications / API's.
Data science & quantitative finance. Pandas, Tensor Flow, PyTorch, Flask, FastAPI, SciPi, Numpy, OpenCV, Jupyter, Backtrader & Streamlit.
TradingView's technical indicator scripting language.
When low level performance & safety matters.
Ruby / Rails
Ruby / Rails to power web applications & APIs.
Objective C / Swift
Used to create native iOS / OSX applications.
Java / Kotlin / Scala
Used to create native Android & cross platform applications.
Used when multiple platforms, scalability and requests-per-second matter.
Postgres, TimescaleDB, MySQL, GraphQL, SQL Server, MongoDB.
Liquid theme & app development.
Used for smaller, MVP style apps where cost savings matter.
Used to provide web applications & API's. Laravel, Wordpress, Drupal.
Used for web applications, APIs and provide UI's. Vue, React, Angular, Ionic, RxJS, Node, Keystone, Express.
Used for infrastructure. VPC's / Lambda / EC2 / SES / SQS / Route53.
HTML5, Pug, SASS, Webpack, Parcel, Gulp